Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Journey On The Sky~

Guess what? This semester's final was just so free that my mates and I could actually sandwich a trip between the only two examinations we took! Well, Taman Pertanian Malaysia which had given me one of the best memories in my life was the venue again but this time, the activity was much different - SkyTrex Adventure!

So what is SkyTrex all about? Basically it is a series of thrilling activities up high from the ground such as flying fox, zigzag bridge etc. And you know what? It actually reach the height of 17 metres at the highest point! How high is 17 metres? Just climb to fourth or fifth floor and look to the ground and you will know. But don't worry, there's safety gear. =)

Since we were going at weekdays, there is a requirement in which we will need to have 25 people to book. Surprisingly, Joyce was able to recruit for 33 people! That morning, we travelled to PJ UTAR to meet with others first.

We reached at sometime around ten if not mistaken and waited for others before we entered Taman Pertanian Malaysia. I was quite disappointed with the fee as we were required to pay RM3 entrance fee for TPM and then only pay RM35 for SkyTrex. A very cunning strategy.

After much wait, we were given some briefing and trainings with those testing platforms which include a flying fox, a bridge and a rope swing. Here's a cool shot of me...


And yea, thanks for the guide Tjun (if not mistaken) for his humorous briefing. After much try on those easy as a pie challenges, it's time for real! The first time we actually had to do were to climb as high as this! See it below:


12 metres! The beginning was tough already. After that there were a series of challenges which I think pictures are better descriptions than words. Enjoy them below:






Sorry for all the models here as I used your photos without your prior permission. XD

The challenges took me approximately 60 minutes (actually I didn't really know) and when we were back to the ground, there's still some that were yet to start their thrill. And guess what? I actually saw one of the 8TV celebrity, Qushairi here videoing for a programme which I don't know. Not tempted to get a photo with him though. Half of the finished gang including me then headed to the Four Seasons House thanks to the courtesy of one abang there who drove us there with a Hilux.


Another 3 ringgit for entering the house and yea, it was winter again just the same as last time I went. Freezing~ And guess what? I actually landed my bare feet onto the ground and the cold receptors on my feet transmitted pain to my brain neurons. =X




Next we returned to the entrance of TPM and waited for the rest which we left just now to regroup with us again. And next, we said bye to TPM and developed a formation of cars at the entrance:


That's how big a gang of 33 was. We headed to Klang then in search of Bak Kut Teh, which was an utter failure as the best BKT restaurants in Klang operate at morning hours. Still, we were able to find a Bak Kut Teh restaurant. But yea, it's never really special about it...


...except for this photo. Haha. It's already late evening after the meal and we got into the journey home with such a huge rain. Never like to drive in such circumstances. =(

A fun day after all! I will definitely go for that again next time with increased difficulty! =)

P.S.: FYI, there's three different levels of difficulty there.

No comments: