Monday, January 26, 2009

Save The King

A sad news: my grandfather was dead. My family rushed back to Ipoh hospital on Friday, seeing my grandpa was on comma. According to what I heard he fell down while he was working out to collect rocks earlier on that day (that's what usually an old man do, especially when he's so used to labour work during his young age). While we was visiting him at the hospital, a kind-hearted young man helped us to listen to a doctor's  explanation (Yes I can listen, but he was helping my aunt to translate before my family came). According to the doctor, his condition was very serious. And the young man had told us his earlier experience of his grandma that he may die in these days - and so my grandpa did die on the next day. :-( Sad to hear such news right? Especially on festive seasons. Well at least I'm able to see him for a last time.

Not to be forgotten, my grandmaternal (or what so ever) side granduncle, with his wife and daughter from China came for a visit to Malaysia. He's a retired surgeon (cool) and has a lot of medical knowledge. His daughter is very extrovert and looks very young (she is around 40 but her face looks like 30). All my aunts say that she acts similar to my second aunt, who is also my closest aunt. Well, it's kind of sad for them not to able to chat with my grandpa (again, at least they're able to see him for a last time).

Knowing no more CNY celebrations and my exam is coming around the corner, I decided to come back to home with my aunt (which I mentioned just now) back to KL on CNY's eve for some study before going back for funeral. For the first time in my life, I had the simplest reunion dinner - only with my aunt (her husband and children had went back to her husband side for reunion dinner). Then I went back to my home for some studies.

As for today, I was so tired that I woke up at 11 - even an alarm clock has no effect on me at all. =.= After some studies again I went to my aunt house (in walking distance) for lunch (her family members were back). Then we decided to went for Greenbox to sing as well as observing the CNY atmosphere at KL (the 1st time in my life). It's still a lot of people though. My aunt and cousins were surprised for my singing skills hehe. Well, my cousin June Ting is a fabulous singer. This is expected as she is working as a pub singer now apart from studying. My aunt said that the Chai family has a lot of good singer. XD

Then we went for a dinner at Malay stalls - since all Chinese restaurants were closed. The meal was quite a delicious one. Yummy! I love tomyam so much! I studied again after that till just now.

Well, during my stay at hometown before I went back, I've learnt some important lesson. I must take care of my family members well. Before that I was quite frustrated with my dad, who just doesn't know how to communicate with his children. He was good when I was young but he just turned out to be worse during these years. Maybe it is because of his anxiety. My aunt (the same one) who is a very objective and wisdomed woman, advised me and my mum a lot. Each family members has the responsibility too to improve the family bonds. I think it's time to save the king! Yes, it's time. Time to improve. Before it's too late.

I'm leaving again tomorrow for my grandpa's funeral. So, PHONE me if you want to find me!

No comments: