Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Logicman's Choice

Just a summary for my year 1 sem 1 subjects:

Introductory Calculus
What's calculus actually? Hmm... It's actually a field of mathematics which deal with a lot of limits, differentiation and integration. Kind of hate it due to its complex solutions and calculations, however, since it's almost the revision of my foundation, it's ok still.

Probability and Statistics
Wow wow! My strongest field in mathematics. Just love it so much. Lol.

Discrete Mathematics for Applications
The most speechless subject of all. Deals with TRUE or FALSE, AND and OR, etc. It's kind of ridiculous subject actually for me. It makes me think of free A. Lol.

Programming Concepts and Design
Another of my favorite subjects. All you need is think logically and follow the rules. Lol. Love it since foundation.

Business Accounting I
Wow wow wow!!! I can't think of any reason why I can't score an A for this subject. Forgive me for my overconfidence lol. Same keys to study: think logically and follow the rules. And of course calculate accurately. Lol. It's just a revision of my secondary school's accounting principles lol.

Introduction to Japanese
Yay! A subject that can prevent me to lose my creativity? Lol. All the other subjects are logical based, so this is a good complementary subject. Anyway I love Jap haha.

As for conclusion, I think I had absolutely chose the right course for myself. Actuarial science is a very logical based subject. It demands study smart. Study hard? Nah, it won't help since it's a very conceptual subject. You just need to understand and apply. Little demand for memorisation. And of course, no labs, little assignments (one only this semester) and a less hectic timetable. Everything just fits perfectly for a lazy man like me.

Anyway, the laziest men are mathematicians since they use a lot of symbols to substitute for words. Hahaha. May the road to an actuary begins!

No comments: